Please check this section of our site periodically for the latest on how to best help your patients through recognizing, treating, and helping them solve their hearing problems.
Doctors can receive Reimbursement for Easy Medicare Exam
The following simple test helps screen patients with hearing problems. As of January 1, 2005, a new preventative benefit became available to new Medicare Part B beneficiaries. The “Welcome to Medicare Exam” is a one-time preventative physical exam to occur within six months of a Medicare Part B beneficiary’s enrollment in the program. Review of functional ability and level of safety (to include screening for hearing impairment and falls risk) is one of the seven components of this exam.
For your convenience we included the seven points of the screening process and a link to the questionnaire. Asking these simple questions will help in the early detection of patients with these difficulties. Once diagnosed, we have the experience in solving these problems to help your patients live more normal lives.
The “Welcome to Medicare Exam” must include these seven service elements.
- Review of medical and social history
- Review of potential for depression
- Review of functional ability and level of safety, including screening for hearing impairment and falls risk
- Height, weight, blood pressure, visual acuity
- Education, counseling, and referral based on preceding results
- Education, counseling, and referral, including a brief written plan, regarding screening and preventative services separately covered by Medicare